Ghidorzi Green & Clean volunteers removed 3.72 tons of trash from the greater Wausau landscape on Saturday, April 27, bringing the all time total to 25.34 tons!
This was the 10-year anniversary of the Ghidorzi Green & Clean, an idea that began with Chuck Ghidorzi’s passion for a clean community and confidence that others would pitch in if given the opportunity. Ghidorzi Companies mobilizes hundreds of volunteers around each Earth Day to spend just two hours on a Saturday morning caring for our community and environment.
Thank you to this year’s 750 volunteers, 32 Event Partners and everyone who has joined our movement for a litter free Wausau in previous years to achieve this massive community impact. Event Partners are the businesses and organizations who rally around the Ghidorzi Green & Clean by forming a team and recruiting volunteers.
Special thanks to these Ghidorzi Green & Clean 2019 friends for lending their valuable expertise and in-kind support:
- REI Engineering, Inc. – Safety guidance, trucks, drivers and glove donation
- Wausau Police Department – Safety education at event kickoff
- Advanced Disposal – Donation of dumpsters
- Marathon County Solid Waste Department – Trash processing
- Fully Promoted Wausau – T-shirt printing partner
- Liquid Designs – Website design and hosting
- M3 Insurance – Hand sanitizers
- Super Lettering & Signs – Event banner
- WIFC – Live radio broadcast with Dave Kallaway and Karina Maria at the event kickoff
Save the date and join us for next year’s event on April 25, 2020, the Saturday after Earth Day! Until then, our Facebook photo album truly captures the spirit of the Ghidorzi Green & Clean and community pride. View the album by clicking here.