Ghidorzi Graphic Designer Jessica Kopecky recently kicked off the Wausau River District’s building mural initiative to beautify Wausau and evolve our presence as an art community.
Her mural, which consists of 100% original artwork and handwritten fonts, is an ode to the area’s vibrant tourism industry. Jessica also cleverly designed the mural to promote tourism by serving as a colorful selfie backdrop. Her mural concept was inspired by the passion that her colleagues at Ghidorzi have for hospitality, tourism and their pride in the Wausau community.
As outlined below, Jessica utilized each letter of W-A-U-S-A-U to showcase iconic Wausau destinations, surrounded by our celebrated four seasons. She spent more than 30 hours designing her concept and another 100 painting it.
The mural can be viewed on the side of The Needle Workshop, located at 312 S 1st Ave, Wausau, WI 54401.
- W – Skiing
- A – Grand Theater, fountain, 400 Block
- U – Queen’s Chair and lookout tower at Rib Mountain State Park
- S – World-class whitewater rafting & Dudley Tower
- A – Ullberg Cranes at Leigh Yawkee Woodson Art Museum
- U – Logging of white pines, city origin